I hope you’re all well. I’m sorry it’s been a little while since my last positive blog. It does not mean that I have been a negative wreck or even had a bad week. See, the thing is, by the time I get home from work, do my marking, make my dinner and have a shower I have very little time to blog and even if I do blog, it leaves me with no time to have a life and if I don’t have a life, my blogs will start getting very boring (if they haven’t for you already). I love blogging, I really do and I’m hoping that in the summer, even though I’ll have a shed of work to do ready for next year, I will have more time to live and blog about it! Here’s hoping!
So, until then, I think I’m going to have to cut down the blogs so that the expectation of me blogging everyday isn’t there anymore. Like I said, it won’t mean that I’m not having positives days. What I’ll do instead is make a note of my positives throughout the week and then every Sunday, I’ll let you know my positives for the week. So here goes my first time, let me know what you think…
- Name five things that made you smile this week:
– Receiving a postcard from my bessie, Andrea all the way from Capri. It looks absolutely stunning and she wrote a lovely little note on the back. Something to make me smile! It really did.
– Assembling my lovely BBQ from my lovely friend, I can’t wait to use it!
– Going for a Friday evening stroll with Dan and stopping for a Joe’s ice cream. Hmmmm Rum and Raisin, my favourite!
– Playing Monopoly. Dan and I go through phases of enjoying different board games and we are loving this one at the moment. I won too! At one point I had loads of streets, loads of money, houses, hotels and a ‘Get out of jail free’ card. Champion! Oh how I wish it would resemble real life, not that I plan on going in prison anytime soon!
– Catching a glimpse of Stevie just chilling with his friend, beautiful!
– A little shopping spree early Saturday morning. I had some birthday vouchers (lucky girl) so went to spend them! I bought some lovely stuff and the best bit? I have some vouchers left!! Wohoo!
– A little visit from Stevie this morning. We had a little cwtch before he returned to the outside world (his favourite place). I must say though, it was a lovely cwtch and he had a sleep too! Bliss.
– Sunday chill time with Dan. The calm before the storm of a week. Very busy week ahead!
- What are you grateful for?
The lighter mornings and evenings making me feel I have longer in the day to get things done!
Retail therapy (materialistic right?)
My little family (Stevie and Dan)!
- What did you do for you this week?
I ate a load of chocolate. It spilled over from my birthday and people just kept on giving me chocolate. I am NOT complaining but now I must go forth without it.
I had a couple of baths.
I watched some Vlogs.
I had some quality me time AND quality Dan time.
I went shopping!
So, that’s my week summed up pretty nicely, I think! Even though I have a very busy one ahead, I am looking forward to it (and to getting to the weekend haha)!
I hope you have all had a lovely week/weekend and a lovely Father’s Day today. Happy Father’s Day to the kindest, most generous, talented, loving man I know. You taught him well Nanny, he’s the best dad ever! I know everyone says that but MINE really is! Love you dad.
Have a good week kateloren readers.